Category Archives: Summer Vacation Daily ’11
The surprise Crush Girl to wrap up this week is a girl taking the supermodel world by the storm. Kate isn’t at the top of her career yet, but we couldn’t wait to make a post so to wrap up this summer’s Everyday Blogs we’re gonna tell you everything we could find out about Kate…
- Full Name: Katherine Elizabeth Upton
- Birthday: June 10th
- Birthplace: St. Joseph, Michigan
- Siblings: Christie, Callie, Laura
- Twitter LINK
Career Thus Far
- 2008 she was signed at a casting call for Elite Model Management
- She first modeled for the Garage clothing line then Dooney & Burke
- 2010-2011 she became the face for Guess
- Her first Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue shoot was this year and she won the title of Rookie of the Year
- She now models for Victoria Secret and Beachbunny Swimwear
- 2011, a viral vid of her doing the dougie became very popular
- She was a selected celebrity for this year’s MLB Legends & Celebrity Softball game during the All Star Break
- She has a guest appearance on the show Tosh.O
- She has competed nationally as a horserider winning 3 world championships with her horse Roanie Pony
- Her uncle Fred is a Michigan congressman
- According to her twitter she’s a New York Jets fan and her sister works with them
She might possibly be the hottest crush girl, so fair warning, it’s gonna get hot fast…
We’re doing something a little different this time with today’s Crush Girl post being a Versus. Also we don’t do a lot of athletes so picking out the two hottest tennis players today and seeing which one I think is better Crush Girl, all just in time for the end of the U.S. Open too…
Round 1: More Interesting Tennis Grunt
I think that’s what they call it when the female players make the “ughhh” when they hit the ball back. It’s become almost trademark to hear it in female matches, though there seems to be a rule against it now.
Winner – Sharapova
Woz was way louder but it was technically a scream, her normal grunts are just “umphs”. Sharapova sounds like she’s getting stabbed over and over again. Definitely this is going to be our weirdest category in Versus so far.
Round 2: Joking with Male Players
Especially around Novak Djokovic, both of these ladies have played pranks on other pro tennis players. Nothing too drop dead funny about their jokes, but its fun to see athletes with a sense of humor, also if anything the accidents make everything twice as hilarious.
Winner – Wozniacki
Giving this one to Wozniacki because it seems like she pulls these pranks more on her own then with a corporate sponsor behind all of it. While Sharapova probably wouldn’t have done so if there wasn’t money involved.
Round 3: Hotter Tennis Outfit
Since no one in women’s pro tennis wear the same thing its become sort of a fashion affair. Amazingly these outfits that these players come out of Addias, Nike, and such. Too lazy to go through their entire outfit catalog, so who wore the better outfit at this year’s U.S. Open?
Winner – Wozniacki
Maria’s looks like someone tried too hard to make it. While Woz’s is simple and classic looking (the pleated skirt part I guess). And really the thing is basically see-thru, so yay! Guess its also a Nike vs Addidas thing too.
Round 4: Looks Better in a Bikini
Now the “guy stuff” round. It’s sort of mandatory for the Crush Girl post…
Winner – Sharapova
Well this one is one sided since one is just candid photos and the other is professional. But Sharapova does pull off a bikini really well even if there might be some airbrushing involved. She gets this one.
Round 5: The Better Tennis Player
Once again it’s like I rigged this entire thing to get to a round 5. Anyways the last obvious category to do is who is better at playing tennis. Since we at iAre Productions can’t get them on a court at the same time and have them duke it out, we’re going with basic stats (yay numbers)…
- 408 wins, 100 loses
- Aus Open (2008), Wimbledon (2004), US Open (2006), WTA Champs (2004)
- 2011 Results – Aus Open (4th), French Open (Semi), Wimbledon (Finals), US Open (3rd)
- 288 Wins, 102 loses
- US Open Finals (2009), Australian Open Semis (2011), WTA Champs Finals (2010)
- 2011 Results – Aus Open (Semi), French Open (3rd), Wimbledon (4th), US Open (Semi)
OVERALL – Maria has beaten Caroline 5 out of 7 face to face matches
Winner – Sharapova
This one is a hard one to call, since Sharapova was good back in the mid 2000′s, while Wozniacki is starting to kick off her height of her career now. We’re giving it to Maria based on their head to head, especially the one she won this year’s Italian Open. But since Maria won this one that means…
Ultimate Winner – Maria Sharapova
Though Wozniacki is my generation’s tennis crush, Sharapova shows she still on top. Maria is now and Caroline is tomorrow, and Anna was way way back when. But proving once again, you’ll never know where you’ll find a new crush girl. I decided to add in a general gallery below for both now.
So quick update, realized there were a few more movies I was going to watch before the summer is over so holding off on today’s scheduled Summer Mega Movie Review post. Instead just a quickie today from the YouTube channel TomSka.
After a quick 1 day delay we are back to the Crush Girls and today we’re going to introduce you to an actress that you may or may not know, Janina Gavankar.
- Full Name: Janina Zione Gavankar
- Birthday: November 29th
- Birthplace: Joliet, Illionis
- Parents: Pete and Mora Gavankar
- Notable Schooling: University of Illionis at Chicago
- Twitter LINK
Career Thus Far
- Janina’s acting career began all the way back in 2001, when she starred in the short film Why Is God…
- Her first major film role was in the comedy Barbershop, she also appeared in Barbershop 2, she played 2 separate minor characters
- From 2004-2009, Janina appeared in various guest roles on many different TV shows including: Strong Medicine, Girlfriends, My Boys, Stargate: Atlantis, Grey’s Anatomy, and NCIS
- She starred in another film, this time horror called Cup of My Blood
- Janina’s first recurring TV show role was as Papi on the Showtime drama The L Word, which she was apart of for 4 seasons
- 2009-2010 led to another string of guest roles on Dollhouse, The Cleaner, and Men, Interrupted
- She got a short recurring role on FX’s The League as Shiva and a recurring role on the short lived ABC drama The Gates as Leigh
- 2011 saw her on another short lived tv show on Fox called Traffic Light and she is currently on this season of True Blood as the shapeshifter Luna Garza
- She used to be in a relationship with the CEO of deviantArt Angelo Sotira
- She’s reviewed video games for the show Up All Night for a couple of episodes
- She used to be a member of the music group Endera
- She has some songs licensed to movies and has even played the marimba in some film scores
- She is “Ms. Dewey” for the Windows Live Search
- Her nickname is Nina
- Claims she was the first celebrity to join twitter
Coming Soon to…
- Satellite of Love (drama – supporting role, 2012, theaters)
- Victory or Death (drama – lead role, 2011, theaters)
Using Billboard.com again I’m gonna let you know what the top 10 songs of the summer were this year (well according to radio play and the chart still has a week or two to finalize).
As a reminder what we were listening to last year CLICK HERE
The chart I’m referencing is HERE
Most of you know where I’m going with this post, the top 40 songs are garbage and many of these songs on the list I’ve talked about previously. But here we go, the top ten songs of the summer of 2011…
10. Tonight Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae
The newest “rock” band to enter the pop punk world is Hot Chelle Rae. This band is what music lovers were afraid pop punk was heading, a band that sounds like Justin Bieber was apart of. You know they were half assing it when making this song since half the lyrics are “la la la”. Finally a band should never be talking about “keeping the beat bump’n” because you song shouldn’t be playing in the club you idiot (remember you are a ROCK band).
9. Good Life by OneRepublic
I’m less critical with this one, OneRepublic is hit or miss with me with their music, they remind me of a poor man’s Coldplay. You can’t deny how good Ryan Tedder’s voice is and the combination of the whistling in the chorus makes it an easy listening song. The video is interesting to watch with the sorta stop motion vintage effect painting being passed around.
8. E.T. by Katy Perry ft. Kanye West
First off, the original version of E.T. off the album is my favorite track off of Katy’s Teenage Dream album, but then add in Kanye and everything gets thrown off and the song becomes a dud (and Kanye’s been putting out decent material these last years too). This combined with a music video that registers a good 6 on the Lady Gaga weirdness scale. Katy is an alien that wants to turn robots into humans so she can take their shades? Yeah that’s what I’ll say its about.
7. How to Love by Lil Wayne
This is a rarity a song I like the video more than the song itself. This track is sort of influenced by Wheezy’s attempt at a rock album and it has a backing music of plain acoustic guitar which is fine, but what kills the song is Lil Wayne attempting to sing (which he can’t do) and ends up not being literate. The video is touching though showing two sides of how someone’s life could be by the choices made. So it’s 50/5o on this one.
6. The Edge of Glory by Lady Gaga
The Edge of Glory isn’t a bad song, but its a low point for Gaga because its boring. It sounds like a generic Madonna song and doesn’t really showcase Gaga’s vocal ability or brand of electronica pop. Even the video is tame compared to all her others, she’s just dancing around a set from one side to the other.